Issue 13.2: Back to School
What’s in this issue?
- Sherry Bie and Jill Carter draw on Indigenous practices in their musing on the act of “midwifing” stories through the re-worlding process of recover, mourning, dreaming, commitment, and action.
- Makram (Matt) Ayache and Franco Saccucci reflect on the genesis of In Arms Queer Theatre Company (In Arms Theatre Collective) in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Jenna Rodgers reflects on the challenges of moving from emerging to established artist as a woman of colour in Canada.
- lee williams boudakian, Laine Zisman Newman, and Anoushka Ratnarajah on the Q2Q Symposium in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Thom Bryce McQuinn reviews Compulsive Acts: Essays, Interviews, Reflections on the Works of Sky Gilbert, edited by David Bateman.
The articles featured in 13.2 address the connections
between diversity in education and training and the
professional theatre world […] I hope that these
articles, and the rest of the offerings in this issue, will open up further reflection and discussion about the connection between our training institutions and the landscape of professional theatre in Canada.
— Michelle MacArthur, Editor-in-Chief
For alt.theatre magazine
Michelle MacArthur (Editor-in-Chief), Sarah Waisvisz (Reviews Editor), Aaron Franks (Features Editor).
Sherry Bie, Jill Carter, Makram (Matt) Ayache, Franco Saccucci, Donna-Michelle St.Bernard, lee williams boudakian, Laine Zisman Newman, Anoushka Ratnarajah, Jenna Rogers, Thom Bryce McQuinn.
© Diane + Mike Photography. The cast of Chromatic Theatre’s production of Medea in rehearsal. (L to R) Justin Michael Carriere, Carly McKee, Jenna Rodgers, Chantelle Han, Makambe K. Simamba, Ali DeRegt.