What’s in this issue?
- Editorial – Protest and Performance by Michelle MacArthur
- Mariel Belanger travels through time
- Lina de Guevara creates dialogue between immigrant communities and the police
- Preeti Dhaliwal re-embodies jurisprudence
- Priya Nair checks into The Refugee Hotel
- Joyce Boro and Fiona Ritchie review a Hamlet high-wire act
- Matt Jones reads Terror and Performance
This issue of alt.theatre: cultural diversity and the stage features several articles that look at the power enacted by the state on marginalized bodies, and how performance offers spaces to resist and challenge these systemic acts of oppression.
— Michelle MacArthur, Editor-in-Chief
For alt.theatre magazine
Michelle MacArthur (Editor-in-Chief), Sarah Waisvisz (Reviews Editor), Aaron Franks (Features Editor).
Mariel Belanger, Lina de Guevara, Preeti Dhaliwal, Priya Nai, Joyce Boro, Fiona Ritchie, Matt Jones
© Mariel Belanger (Photo by Mariel Belanger). Pulling Threads participants, Sylix Territory, 2014.
From the issue
Did you know that alt.theatre also has performance reviews? Read our latest one.